Global Protect VPN
All Systems Start Here
- To download the VPN client, go to https://vpn.wsu.edu and log in with your WSU credentials. Do not include @wsu.edu
- Select the correct installer for your system. Most Windows machines are 64-bit.
- From here, refer to the section below that applies to your system – Windows or OSX.
VPN for Windows
- Open the downloaded file and click, “Next” to proceed.
- The default location is correct, so click, “Next” again.
- As it says here, click “Next” to start the installation.
- Click, “Close” to exit the installer once it’s finished.
- The VPN should start automatically. If not, open the program from the Start Menu.
- Enter the portal address vpn.wsu.edu and then click, “Connect”.
- Once the service connects, it will ask you to login. Use your WSU login information, but do not include @wsu.edu at the end.
- After working for a moment, the VPN should say, “Connected”.
VPN for OSX
- Open the installer you downloaded and click, “Continue”.
- If there is more than one disk shown as an option, select the one where you would like the software installed.
- The program is selected by default. Click, “Continue”.
- Select, “Install” to begin the installation process.
- Close the window once the program is finished installing.
- Feel free to delete the installer now that you have the program. You don’t need it anymore.
- Global Protect should run automatically. If not, simply click on its icon in the top right of your screen. Enter vpn.wsu.edu as the portal address.
- After a moment, it should say that it’s connected. You’re good to go!