Installing MNova for OS X
NOTE: If you already have MNova installed and just need to update the licensing, skip down to “Activating MNova for OSX” to simply install the 3 new LIC files.
- Download the latest version from
\\chem-diamond3.ad.wsu.edu/Jukebox/MNova/Mac. Please see the tutorial on how to access Jukebox for help getting to this point.
- The installation application will be saved to your computer. Launch the application.
- Agree to the terms of the license.
- Drag the MNova icon into the Applications folder, as indicated.
- A window like the one shown below should appear. If not, try clicking and dragging the MNova icon again until it does show up.
- The installation is complete! You must install a license before you can use MNova, so now open MNova and continue on to the next set of instructions.
Activating MNova for OS X
- You must connect to \\chem-diamond3.ad.wsu.edu using file explorer. The license files are in the MNova folder in Jukebox.
Please see the tutorial on how to access Jukebox for more help getting to this point.
- Navigate to the MNova folder on Jukebox. Copy the license folder for this year to your Desktop or Downloads folder, anywhere you’ll be able to easily find it later.
- Launch MNova from your computer. You should see this popup window. Click the
If this window doesn’t come up, double-click the Licenses icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Navigate to the folder of licenses you copied. Install each of the three files one-by-one.
- If you see this window, choose
Yesto overwrite the existing license.
- You should see this message after every license you install. Once you’ve installed all three, restart MNova.
- Upon restarting, you should see this symbol in the bottom-right corner of the program. If you see a yellow question mark instead, the program should still run properly.