Installing MNova for Windows
NOTE: If you already have MNova installed and just need to update the licensing, skip down to “Activating MNova for Windows” to simply install the 3 new LIC files.
If you’re installing fresh, continue on!
1. Download the latest version from
\\chem-diamond3.ad.wsu.edu/Jukebox/MNova/Windows. Please see the tutorial on how to access Jukebox for help getting to this point.
2. The installation application will be saved to your computer. Launch the application.
Install to begin the installation. (Note: You will need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 installed)
If you need to install the .NET Framework, you can find the download either on Microsoft’s website or in
Activating MNova for Windows
- You must connect to \\chem-diamond3.ad.wsu.edu using file explorer. The license files are in the MNova folder in Jukebox.
Please see the tutorial on how to access Jukebox for more help getting to this point.
- Navigate to the MNova folder on Jukebox. Copy the license folder for this year to your Desktop or Downloads folder, anywhere you’ll be able to easily find it later.
- Launch MNova from your computer. You should see this popup window. Click the
- Navigate to the folder of licenses you copied. Install each of the three files one-by-one.
- You should see this message after every license you install. Once you’ve installed all three, restart MNova.
- Upon restarting, you should see this symbol in the bottom-right corner of the program. If you see a yellow question mark instead, the program should still run properly.
*Note: If the old licenses are currently installed, you will have the option to overwrite them with the new licenses.