Installing MNova for Windows
NOTE: our licensing has UPDATED! IF you already have MNova installed and just need to update the licensing, skip down to “Activating MNova for Windows”, you just need to install the 3 new LIC files and you’re up and going again.
If you’re installing fresh, continue on!
1. Download version 12 from Jukebox. Tutorial on how to access Jukebox can be seen here.
2. The installation application will be saved to your computer. Launch the application.
Next to continue.
4. Accept the license agreement.
5. Accept the defaults.
6. MNova is actually a container for plugins written by Mestre Labs. You want the NMR plugin. Accept the default set of plugins.
Install the begin the installation. (Note: You will need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 installed)
8. When the installation is complete, click
Finish. You must install a license before you can use MNova.
Activating MNova for Windows
You must connect to \\chem-diamond3.ad.wsu.edu using file explorer (File Explorer is shown below). To access file explorer hit the (Windows Button + E). Enter \\chem-diamond3.ad.wsu.edu in, and it will ask for your Network ID and Password. The license files are in the MNova folder on Jukebox.
- Launch MNova from your computer. MNova will open the registration wizard. You have a license file. Click the
- Navigate to the MNova folder on Jukebox. Select all of the files ending in “.lic” and click
Open.Some versions of MNova may only allow selecting one LIC file at a time, in which case repeat this process until ALL 3 LIC files are installed. (the filenames may be different than below as they regularly update)
- The registration wizard will put up a message. Click
OKand restart MNova.