1. The zipped folder that is need to install MobaXterm located in Jukebox which is located on chem-diamond3. The tutorial to access chem-diamond3 can be found here. Once in Jukebox enter the PChem folder.
2. Double click the folder labeled MobaXterm.
3. Once in the MobaXterm folder, copy the zipped “MobaXterm_Portable_v10.4” folder to your desktop.
4. Once the folder has been copied locally onto your desktop. Extract the folder in a known location.
5. Then when the folder has been extracted open the extracted folder. To start the application click on “MobaXterm_Personal_10.4”
1. To start your session click on the session button in the top left corner.
2. The program will prompt you to choose your session type, select the SSH button in the top left corner.
3. Enter the basic SSH Settings. Enter the remote host name and username given to you by your instructor. To enter the username click the “Specify username” checkbox.
4. Enter the password given to you by your instructor to access the server/remote host. The text will not be visible when you are entering the password. Hit enter to verify the password. Once signed in, to run the terminal enter “xterm” into the command window.
5. Once the terminal is running GaussianView can be run by entering gv into the terminal.