07/13/2020 – If you are coming from Apple Mail, the Windows 10 Mail app, or an older version of Outlook, a new tutorial has been posted to help with moving to Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Although often used mainly as an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing.
To use Outlook Microsoft Office must be installed before Outlook can be configured. Steps to do this can be seen below.
- To install Microsoft Office, you will need to access Chem-Diamond3 and navigate to the Jukebox folder.
- Select the Office2016 folder.
- Double-click the setup file to begin installation.
- A pop-up window should appear. Click the Install button to begin the installation.
- Once it has finished installing you can move onto the configuration of your Outlook account.
Configuring Outlook on Domain
Note: For Outlook 2016 you will not need to manually configure the server.Now that you have installed Microsoft Office. Outlook can be configured. Configuration is simple if you are on the domain.
- When you first open Outlook for the first time you will be greeted with a “Welcome to Outlook 2016” screen.
- Outlook will ask if you to setup Outlook to connect to an email account. Select “Yes.”
- After hitting “Next” Option buttons showing the options of “E-mail Account” and “Manual Setup or Additional Server Types” should show up. Select the “E-Mail Account” option, and you’re information should be automatically inputted. If not enter your name and email as shown.
- Hit “Next” to continue, and the configuration process should begin. After it is done being configured, the screen should look like the one below. After hitting finish your account should be setup and ready to go!