Finding Your Physical Address
Before you can use the wired network, you must enter some identifying information about your PC with IT. This information is the physical address burned into the Ethernet chip on your computer. The physical address is also known as the MAC address. All Ethernet chips have a MAC address and each is unique. You must find the MAC address for your wired adapter and then register it with WSU IT.
- Open your system preferences. Select the Network applet.
- Highlight the Ethernet adapter.
- From the advanced properties for the Ethernet adapter, click
- Record the MAC address.
Registering Your Physical Address
You must register the physical address with IT. This only has to be done once.
- Open a browser and go to www.wsu.edu/dhcp. Authenticate with your network id.
- If the web page returns an error, try refreshing the page. You should see this page. Click the Pullman Staff & Faculty link.
- This will bring up the WSU workstation registration form. Enter the physical address in the first text box. Complete the remaining fields with appropriate information. When complete, click the
Click here to continuebutton.
- The form will check your entries for errors. Correct any errors and resubmit. When the form has been successfully submitted, you will see a page like this.
- You can now connect your wired adapter to any functional outlet.