Applying to Graduate School
You must apply directly to the Graduate School at Washington State University to enter graduate studies in the Department of Chemistry.
Accepting PhD applications.
Be prepared to submit the following items:
- Transcripts from each post-secondary school attended (photocopies are acceptable for initial application review, official transcripts are required for official admission to WSU)
- Names and email addresses of three people who are willing to write letters of recommendation for you
- GRE Scores-General Test Required. (self-reported/photocopies are acceptable for initial application review, official scores are required for official admission to WSU)
- International Students (English Proficiency Requirements) minimum TOEFL 80, IELTS 7(self-reported/photocopies are acceptable for the initial application, official scores are required for official admission to WSU)
- A personal statement describing your motivations for graduate study towards a Ph.D., include research and faculty interests. Please include a description of previous research experience, if any.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume (preferred/optional)
More information may be found at Frequently Asked Questions.
For further information, please contact Stacie Olsen at email@example.com or by phone at 509-335-0946.
Applications submitted before January 10th, and possibly through January 31st, will have priority consideration. Applications submitted between February 1st and June 30th may also be considered for fall enrollment.
Applicants with prior research experience will be given special consideration.