The research in Guo Group integrates advanced structural and thermodynamic techniques to study synthetic and natural material systems with special focuses on actinides and transuranium-containing systems.
Our group has expertise in various thermal analysis and calorimetric techniques, high-pressure static compression techniques, and various material synthesis and characterization techniques, including neutron and synchrotron X-ray spectroscopies.
The currently available research topics are:
- Pu thermochemistry (transuranium labs)
- Molten salt chemistry and thermodynamics (Calvet calorimetry on heat capacity and ΔH_mix)
- Nuclear fuel research (nanosized oxides, MOX, U-Si, U-C, U-N fuels)
- Nuclear ceramic-based wastes (silicates and phosphates)
- Thermochemistry and geochemistry of REE systems
- Thermodynamics of lanthanides, actinides-containing minerals
- Behaviors of materials under extremes (high-temperature, high-pressure, and hydrothermal conditions).