Graduate Chemical Society
Your source for info on the Department of Chemistry from a student perspective. We’re here to welcome you and help you stay sane while you’re in the program.
We are committed to improving the social and academic life of chemistry graduate students at WSU so that no one buries themselves in the lab 24/7. The GCS organizes and sponsors activities such as barbecues, social evenings out, departmental events, and even intramural sports teams.
We don’t claim to have all the answers about everything ever, but we can help with the following:
- Important questions to ask when going to a prospective grad school
- Information on life in Pullman, WA
- Information on the WSU chemistry graduate student experience
- Social activities to fill in your schedule
- The occasional free lunch
- The occasional professional development seminar
- Help with your graduate courses
- Help in preparing for your preliminary exam or thesis/dissertation defense
- Constructive input on your research