Transfer Students

Prospective undergraduates should confirm the transfer equivalencies for their courses at their present school with the information at the WSU Transfer Center. 

In addition to all Washington State colleges, information is also listed for many schools in Oregon, Idaho, Montana, California and other western states where past students have transferred from.

Please note that one semester at WSU is often NOT equal to one term or quarter at most schools in WA. In most cases credit for a full year’s course sequence at WSU (2 semesters) is given only for 3 terms (quarters) at the transferring institution.

Note For Organic Chemistry: The Department of Chemistry rarely grants credit for less than one full year of organic chemistry transferred from other schools.

The design and sequencing of organic chemistry at WSU is different than that from most other schools, and we have found students who attempt to take our second semester organic course after having only one semester equivalent at an outside institution struggle greatly. We advise incoming students to either take the full sequence at WSU or take a full year at their current institution.

Students are responsible for making sure the WSU Office of the Registrar has their most current transcript.

Please contact our academic advisors for more information. We’re happy to speak with you before you apply for admission!