Skills You’ll Learn
The WSU Chemistry Department strives to fulfill all of WSU’s Learning Goals. In addition to meeting these goals, students who graduate with a Chemistry Degree from WSU will experience the pursuit of an individual research experience, which is vital for determining ones career direction. Students will also acquire the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the industry workplace or graduate/professional school after graduation.
Students graduating from the Department of Chemistry will be able to demonstrate:
- A thorough knowledge of the basic principles of chemistry, including atomic and molecular structure, chemical dynamics and the chemical and physical properties of substances.
- A thorough knowledge of the subfields of chemistry, including analytical, inorganic, organic, biochemistry, and physical chemistry.
- The ability to read, critically evaluate and interpret numerical, chemical and general scientific information.
- The ability to communicate effectively about chemistry both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to design experiments and to use appropriate experimental apparatus effectively.